Many residential fires caused by clothes dryers can be prevented with regular dryer maintenance and dryer vent cleaning by the Wizard
Farmington Hills MI – Consumer Education is a vital part of the service offered by Dryer Vent Wizard. Dryer vents is all they do so they are the most qualified expert to rely on for dryer vent cleaning, dryer vent repair and new dryer vent installation.
Service technicians with Dryer Vent Wizard are truly concerned for the safety of their customers so they provide tips and information about preventing dryer fires and improving dryer performance. Below is a list of tips to extend the life of the clothes dryer and minimize the risk of a dryer fire:
• Clean the lint screen before or after each load of laundry to promote adequate airflow
• Check the outside dryer vent opening and remove any obstructions
• Make sure the dryer is properly installed and gas and electric lines meet current safety standards
• Never leave home or go to sleep when the dryer is running
• Do not overload the dryer – Overloading can cause stress on the appliance and reduce performance and efficiency
• Read the owner’s manual for safe operation instructions and keep it handy for troubleshooting help
• Schedule professional dryer vent installation (http://www.dryerventinstallation.net/) – Replace faulty dryer ducts made of vinyl, plastic or flexible foil with rigid metal dryer vent material
• Clean the dryer duct often using specialized brushes available at the local hardware store
• Better yet, have a qualified dryer vent service technician provide a dryer vent inspection and cleaning annually
• Keep the area around the dryer clean and clutter-free of combustible items like boxes, cleaning supplies and flammable substances
• Avoid drying items that have been soaked with volatile chemicals such as gasoline, motor oil, cooking oils or other types of combustible liquids as the heat from the dryer could cause them to ignite
Following these safety guidelines will help prevent a routine task from turning into a dangerous situation. The Wizard also suggests testing smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to be sure they are working. If they are battery operated, replace batteries every year, even if they are not expired.
Dryer Vent Wizard is a national franchise company with individually owned locations in most major market areas in the US. They are the highest qualified dryer vent service provider in the nation specializing in commercial and residential dryer vent service while educating consumes by providing vital information about dryer safety. Visit http://www.dryerventwizard.com to learn more.
About Dryer Vent Wizard:
Dryer Vent Wizard is a member of the National Fire Protection Association and the largest chain of dryer vent cleaning, repair, replacement and alternation specialists in the U.S. with over 60 franchisees in major markets. Dryer Vent Wizard franchisees work to promote public awareness on the importance of dryer vent cleaning to prevent dryer fires and save energy. Consumer education while making clothes dryers safer and greener are the main focus of DVW franchisees. Dryer Vent Wizard was founded in 2004 by Dave Lavalle who is also the founder of the Mr. Handyman franchise.